MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.) in Strategy
An MBA specialization in strategy will equip a graduate with the required skills to prosper in a career in business management. Key lessons would include: industry and environmental analysis, internal analysis and competitive advantage, organizational structure, design and alignment, market evolution and dynamics; in addition to many specialized topics for specific industries, world regions or stages of market development. Strategy draws upon all of the business and market fundamentals, so it is important that a specialized strategy curriculum also includes a solid grounding in topics such as economics, accounting, finance, marketing, organizations, and operations. In today’s competitive marketplace, strategy is a critical management resource. A strategy specialization trains students to see the enterprise as a whole, and to understand how and why a manager can make a difference to the performance of the entire firm. Strategy helps to align the company’s activities to ensure long-term success. It also takes a holistic view of the organization and its industry in making decisions. MBAs with a solid grounding in strategy will be valued for their ability to drive the business forward and to take the firm into new directions.
- MGT510: Managerial Accounting
- MGT520: Managing Business Strategy
- MGT530: Human Capital Management
- MGT540: Marketing Management
- MGT550: Managing Operations
- MGT560: Leading Organization
- MGT570: Financial Management
- MGT580: Project Management
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent)
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position
Action research paper
This requirement of the MBA programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organizational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialization area. After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organizational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organizational issue or problem.
- Synthesize information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the action research paper.
- To enable the advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
Personalized, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialized field of study
Assessment of learning
Personalized exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. Such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterized by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative
100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme
The grading system is defined as follows:
Higher Distinction: 90-100%
Distinction : 80-89%
First Division : 70-79%
Second Division: 60-69%
Satisfactory : 50-59%
Unsatisfactory : 49 % and below
Course duration 12 months