MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.) in Human Resource Management
The MBA in HRM examines the management of human resources in a multinational context. The programme emphasizes the strategic role of human resource management and focuses on changing traditional human resources practices to meet the needs of a global organization. The programme explores how ‘best in class’ human resources practices can improve an organization’s bottom line. The programme focuses on the management of people to ensure maximum competitive advantage within and across organizations. Strategies for HR ensure you will know how to strategically plan staffing requirements. Performance and Reward Management will ensure you know how to get the best from your people as a manager.
MGT510: Managerial Accounting
MGT520: Managing Business Strategy
MGT530: Human Capital Management
MGT540: Marketing Management
MGT550: Managing Operations
MGT560: Leading Organization
MGT570: Financial Management
MGT580: Project Management
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent)
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position
Action research paper
This requirement of the MBA programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organizational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialization area. After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organizational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organizational issue or problem.
- Synthesize information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the action research paper.
- To enable the advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
Personalized, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialized field of study
Assessment of learning
Personalized exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. Such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterized by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative
100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme
The grading system is defined as follows:
Higher Distinction: 90-100%
Distinction : 80-89%
First Division : 70-79%
Second Division : 60-69%
Satisfactory : 50-59%
Unsatisfactory : 49 % and below
Course Duration 12 months
+254 754 778 831