MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.) in Entrepreneurship
The MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management programme provides students with a background on how to properly manage all aspects of travel, lodging, food services and event planning. Incorporating information technology into the hospitality industry is also discussed. This programme also discusses the importance of leadership in the workplace and focuses on strategic decisions about business operations. The programme combines advanced business training with classes focused on common hospitality practices. Students will develop the management, marketing and accounting skills needed to oversee a hospitality or tourism organization. Students will also be able to examine ways to ensure that guests and customers receive satisfactory service.
- MGT510: Managerial Accounting
- MGT520: Managing Business Strategy
- MGT530: Human Capital Management
- MGT540: Marketing Management
- MGT550: Managing Operations
- MGT560: Leading Organization
- MGT570: Financial Management
- MGT580: Project Management
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent)
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position
Action Research Paper
This requirement of the MBA programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organizational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialization area. After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organizational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organizational issue or problem.
- Synthesize information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the action research paper.
- To enable the advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
Personalized, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialized field of study.
Assessment of Learning
Personalized exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. Such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterized by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative
100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme
The grading system is defined as follows:
Higher Distinction: 90-100%
Distinction : 80-89%
First Division : 70-79%
Second Division: 60-69%
Satisfactory : 50-59%
Unsatisfactory : 49 % and below
Duration of Learning 12 months
+254 754 778 831