MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.) in Finance
Individuals who are interested in the field of finance may find it beneficial to earn an MBA degree in finance. With a Master’s in Business Administration degree specializing in finance, you might gain a more competitive edge in the job market. Advanced finance programmes seek to teach students more about managing revenues and money. While enrolled in a finance master’s degree programme, students will learn more about how to properly and professionally manage funds, as well as the interface of risk, time, and money. Focus areas might include accounting, economics, financial planning, issues in organizations and management, and management information systems. Programmes could also cover the study of options and futures and how to make well-informed decisions for business growth. Anyone who is looking to advance their career can consider earning a master’s degree in finance. Earning a finance MBA degree can also be of great help to anyone who is interested in the banking or investment fields.
- MGT510: Managerial Accounting
- MGT520: Managing Business Strategy
- MGT530: Human Capital Management
- MGT540: Marketing Management
- MGT550: Managing Operations
- MGT560: Leading Organization
- MGT570: Financial Management
- MGT580: Project Management
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent)
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position
Action Research Paper
This requirement of the MBA programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organizational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialization area. After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organizational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organizational issue or problem.
- Synthesize information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the action research paper.
- To enable the advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
Personalised, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialised field of study
Assessment of Learning
Personalised exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. Such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterized by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative
Completion of Learning
100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme
The grading system is defined as follows:
Higher Distinction : 90-100%
Distinction : 80-89%
First Division : 70-79%
Second Division : 60-69%
Satisfactory : 50-59%
Unsatisfactory : 49 % and below
Course duration 12 months