Diploma in Project Finance
The financing and development of critical infrastructure is a complex, risky endeavor involving many disparate stakeholders. This course focuses on the early stage planning, financial structuring and risk assessment of critical infrastructure necessary to set large, long term capital intensive projects up for success.
This course is meant to equip participants with an overview of Project Finance by taking them through all stages of a Project Finance transaction, so that they can apply the techniques of Project Finance.
At the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Apply a structured and systematic approach to financing projects using some of the techniques of Project Finance
- Recognize the key characteristics of a robust project and identify the weakest links in the transaction
- Use qualitative and quantitative tools and measures to distinguish the key risks
- Interpret each of the risks to determine their severity and potential impact on the transaction structure
- Appreciate how the mechanisms in the transaction documents operate to protect the creditors and evaluate the protection provided
- Build a credit rationale in order to make and substantiate investment decisions
- Bond financing for infrastructure projects
- Financial modeling for infrastructure investment
- Revenue or demand risk for transportation projects
- Infrastructure allocations for institutional investors
- Default risk in project finance
- Technology risk and project finance
- Early stage project development
- Project company legal agreements and structuring
- Private infrastructure fund management structuring
- Infrastructure procurement via public-private partnerships
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute