Diploma in Innovations Management
This course is designed to train the participants on how to manage innovation through real-life experiences from various organizations. Students will identify challenges to innovation and develop an innovation management strategy. They will learn how successful businesses use systematic processes to manage disruptive innovation. They will gain useful insights and learn how to continuously innovate in their current businesses.
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Explain different types of innovation and innovation dynamics.
- Identify strategic innovation challenges in organizations.
- Explore core innovation and the key enablers required for successful innovation in existing operations, business and markets.
- Develop managerial approaches to organize innovation processes.
- Explore the key capabilities which support successful innovation.
- Reflect on innovation responses in real case studies.
This course is for professionals both in the public and private sectors who have an interest in innovation and would wish to improve their knowledge or make innovation happen in their organization.
- Identify obstacles, sources and pitfalls that affect successful management of innovation.
- Differentiate between innovation in core business and transformative business opportunities.
- Discuss why management of innovation is important.
- Identify key enablers for managing innovation in core business.
- Evaluate actions required in own organization(s) for improving management of innovation in core business.
- Describe the disruptive nature of innovation.
- Identify managerial approaches to respond to disruptive change.
- Define the concept of open innovation and the openness continuum.
- Identify the different approaches through which open and collaborative innovation occurs.
- Evaluate actions required in own organization(s) for gaining value from open and collaborative innovation.
- Reflect on the core elements of design thinking (DT).
- Explore how design thinking can be used to foster innovation, with exposure to some tools and methods of design thinking.
- Explain sources of corporate knowledge and protectable intellectual property rights.
- Identify risks associated with knowledge leakage and IP infringement.
- Explore proactive and reactive strategies for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- Analyze innovation capabilities at own organization.
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute