Diploma in Early Child Education
Early childhood is the foundation stage for the development of human beings. Learning and developmental activities that take place during this stage have significant lifelong effect on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development of children. This stage, therefore, is important in the development of a healthy and well balanced adolescent and adult personality.
High demand for qualified ECDE personnel has been exacerbated by the ever changing socio-economic globally. An increasing number of parents and guardians are pursuing life supporting activities and therefore spend less time with their children when such children require parental care and guidance.
Aims of the Course
- To promote student’s knowledge of holistic child development, including mental, capabilities, emotional and physical growth, spiritual, manipulation and self-expression.
- To foster students’ understanding, sensitivity and appreciation of culture and environment as they relate to child rights, care, health and nutrition.
- To enhance in the students teaching and learning skills that are appropriate to young children, such as play and child-centred activity-based methods.
- To be informed about latest issues affecting ECDE teacher Education, research and ethics.
- Introduction to General Psychology
- Overview of Child Development: pre-natal and infancy
- Health Education and Practices
- Foods and Nutrition for Infants and Young Children
- Introduction to General Methods in ECE
- Foundation of Historical Development of ECE in Kenya
- Basics of Language in Early Childhood
- Art, Craft and Material Development
- Play, Music and Drama in Early Childhood
- Basics of Science and Mathematics
- Religious and Social Studies in Early Childhood
- Foundation of Community Education and Mobilization
- Children with Special Needs
- Care giving and the Role of Family in Changing Society
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Management of programmes for Infants and Young Children
- Foundations of Guidance and Counselling
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute