Diploma in Disaster Management
This integrated course defines humanitarian response within the framework of an understanding of development, with vulnerability and disaster risk reduction as an integral part of development.
This programme recognizes the vulnerabilities faced by the poor and marginalized and the disproportionate impact of disasters endured by them in the developing world. In this programme, the study of disaster risk reduction, disaster response and post-disaster recovery will be grounded in the values of justice, equity and social inclusion. This course addresses all stages of disaster management in a comprehensive and holistic manner; including:
– Pre-disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
– Rescue and relief in the context of Disaster Management
– Post disaster rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery
This Diploma course in Disaster Management is designed to impart domain knowledge, capabilities and skills to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key concepts in disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response.
- Recognize issues, debates and challenges arising the relationship between paradigm of development and disasters
- Critically evaluate disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response policy and practice from multiple perspectives
- Develop an understanding of standards of humanitarian response and practical relevance in specific types of disasters and conflict situations
- Critically understand the strengths and weaknesses of disaster management approaches, planning and programming in different countries, particularly their home country or the countries they work in, and;
- Respond to disaster risk reduction initiative and disasters in an effective, humane and sustainable manner.
To register for our Online Diploma Courses
Send an email to:
The Online Training Manager
Capacity Africa Institute