Diploma in Corporate Social responsibility (CSR)
In a globalized world, companies are increasingly confronted with ethical norms and values that differ across countries. This provides a challenge to them, as differing moral standards come with differing expectations on the economic, social and environmental responsibility that companies have to assume. In the industrialized societies of today, companies are expected by their stakeholders – such as customers, suppliers, employees, the public, and the media – to do more than simply following the law. In developing countries, where legal standards typically are weak, the question on basic responsibilities, such as protecting human rights of workers or paying living salaries, arise.
This course provides theory and practical working concepts in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), exploring cases that demonstrate the great potential CSR may have to improve communities in the world, and to create awareness of potential pitfalls.
Students will learn;
- how to leverage corporate structures and nonprofits’ experience to undertake CSR activities that have real public benefit,
- the relationship between philanthropy and corporate self-interest,
- how ventures can assess whether they are doing good CSR, exploring topics including measurement, attribution, and cost benefit analysis.
- About the CSR landscape.
- How shifting CSR activity from discretionary to integral components of a company’s strategy creates long-term benefits for company and society.
- Why CSR is essential for attracting and retaining employees, and how to take advantage of this win-win for company and community.
- Criteria for successful corporate-nonprofit partnerships.
- Principles and examples of CSR in various countries.
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute