CERTIFICATE ON URBAN DISASTERS, VULNERABILITY AND DISPLACEMENT: HUMANITARIAN CHALLENGES
This course will handle the hurdles faced by populations in cities and urban settlements and explains to the humanitarian community how they should be prepared for the same and measures to mitigate any negative issues that are likely to evolve from the same. . We also have a problem of refugees not wanting to stay in camps in the country of asylum and they also relocate to urban centers in the country of asylum.
The course is likely to have many experts to offer talks on disasters that this population is posed to and identify strategies on how to curb any problems that may emanate.
Statistics show that more than half of the population in each country stay in urban centers. Due to that, a higher occurrence of human induced-and natural urban disasters are on a sharp increase and when they move to the urban centers they first settle in informal settlements and slums
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Hazards and disasters in urban centers
- Disaster mitigation policies in urban centers
- Supporting emergency response operations using geospatial technologies
- Collaboration and coordination in emergency response planning and management
- Disaster recovery and building
- Measuring and mapping vulnerability
- Mitigation planning and policy strategies in urban centers
- Preparedness and planning
- Emergency management planning
- Communication and risk management
- Disaster response; planning for response in urban centers
- Urban community resilience
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount USD 400
To register for this course, kindly contact