Certificate in Shelter and Settlements in Emergency Situations
The aim of this course is to discuss the relevance of providing accommodating shelter and even settlement in cases where natural disasters happen. As the number and complexity of disasters is growing, governments and international organizations are making great efforts in increasing their technical and financial preparedness in addressing disasters whence reducing risk and vulnerabilities as well as adapting to changes in climate. The course aims at equipping learners with skills and knowledge on how to respond to needs of shelter when a natural disaster happens.
At the end of the course learners are expected to have garnered skills and practical expertise on shelter and settlement policies, methods, tools and procedures in the humanitarian system.
- Practical knowledge for shelter and settlement design, planning and programming in disaster, crisis and developmental setups
- Shelter cluster system
- Creating shelter needs assessment plans
- Evaluation of the roles of humanitarian actors in promoting sustainable and resilient shelter
- Operations of humanitarian agencies in post disaster situations
- Scenarios demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness and the ethical practices relating to shelter
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com