Certificate in Mental Health in Complex Emergencies
It is always important to take care of those who have special interests in any situation of any emergency. It will provide practical orientation and training to equip participants to establish and organize programs in mental health and psychosocial support and fortify applicable skills for use in complex humanitarian emergencies and relief situations, such as needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation and security. This course is meant to equip learners with discernments and competence in establishing mental health and psychosocial programs in conflict areas.
Throughout the course students are involved in the latest literature and experiences to do with implementing mental health to complex emergency situations. Students are sensitized to the non-material, social aspects of humanitarian assistance and will be able to take into account the psychosocial context when planning humanitarian assistance. The course lays emphasis on the beneficiaries’ wellbeing.
- Introduction to mental health in complex emergencies
- Cross cultural issues, human rights and conflict resolution
- Critical examination of humanitarianism
- Community based psychosocial programing for children and adolescents in humanitarian settings
- Humanitarian crises and case examples
- Setting of mental health and psychosocial programs in emergencies
- Sexual and gender based violence
- Stress related disorders
- Severe mental disorders and epilepsy
- Grief, loss and depression
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com