Certificate in Managing People and Projects During Emergencies
Exceptional management skills are a prerequisite for effective response to disasters and emergencies. Managing people is one of the biggest challenges in an emergency situation as everything is dependent on human response. Handling people as well as executing projects can be a hurdle at times; however, being in a position to deliver quality outputs on time and under pressure is very important during an emergency.
The course focuses on theoretical as well as practical application of management tools, techniques and approaches in the field and on the nature of working in humanitarian response. At the end of the course learners should have internalized all the management competencies while examining them in theoretical and practical humanitarian context as well as apply the techniques for managing people and projects to the humanitarian context.
- The nature and impact of emergencies
- Qualities of an effective manager in humanitarian response
- People Management skills
- Assessment and management of risk
- Collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders
- Managing conflict in teams
- Monitoring and evaluating project, and reporting on progress
- Assessing needs and securing funding for emergency projects
- Accountability and particularity to beneficiaries
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com