CERTIFICATE IN HUMANITARIAN LOGISTICS
The course overviews the similarities and the differences between commercial supply chains and humanitarian relief chains, introduces performance metrics and provides tools for analysis and design of supply chains for humanitarian organizations. The course covers the unique challenges and prospective solutions associated with humanitarian logistics in emergency mitigation and preparedness, disaster response and; recovery. It as well covers major issues as material convergence and earmarked financial funds for disasters.
The course provides an overview of humanitarian logistics by introducing challenging context in which it takes place, the organizations typically involved, ;the products and services needed and the operational approaches taken and even the challenges that are encountered in meeting the needs. Issues relating to operational challenges, funding issues, coordination and strengthening of local capacity are also covered in depth.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Immediate emergency response
- Planning for receipt and movement of people in a crisis stricken area
- Needs assessment; assessment of beneficiary needs and programmatic challenges
- Challenges in balancing cost effectiveness, availability, product quality and development goals
- Obstacles to making local supply work
- Chaotic context and need to balance immediate tasks with improving the structure of the logistics operation
- Introduction to risk chain management; risks and challenges in the supply chain
- Performance measures
- Creation of a transport plan and timeline
- Analysis and improvement of humanitarian supply chains
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount USD 400
To register for this course, kindly contact