Certificate in Gender and Development
In response to increased global attention to gender issues, there is a growing need for knowledge and skills in gender and development. This course is designed to prompt an exploration of common behaviors and attitudes towards gender differences. It will present facts and figures about the situation of women and men in our society today – and references from key documents that highlight policies formulated to address gender concerns. Recent events have shown that if governments are serious about achieving the Millennium Development Goals, MDG’s, it is essential that gender be taken into account for all the goals. Gender equality in the MDGs touches almost exclusively on the area of education, and research does show the importance of equality in this area, but this is not sufficient. This e-learning course will empower the participants with tools and sector-specific guidelines for gender mainstreaming in their various institutions and development planning. It will further improve the abilities of participants to reduce gender inequalities in their various homes, organization and communities.
This online course will at the end enable participants to be better equipped with the analytical and conceptual skills needed to understand gender issues in both contexts, enabling them to participate effectively in gender and development-related research, policy-making and implementation.
By the end of this short course, participants should be;
· Familiar with key analytic gender and development debates.
· Able to relate these debates to development theory, policy and practice at local, national and international levels
· Able to comprehend and manipulate complex analytical gender arguments
· Capable to evaluate impact of development interventions (policies, projects and institutional reform) on gender equity and empowerment
· Influence and intervene in community development projects at every level of the society
The Course Outline includes training in:-
· Introduction to Gender and Development
· Gender and Law
· Gender and Media
· Gender and Education
· Gender, Conflict and Peace
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com