Certificate Course in Strategic Planning
To help contribute to the big picture at an organization, managers must possess a solid foundation in strategy and develop an understanding of internal and external resources and contexts to inform decision making in today’s competitive global marketplace.
Skilled strategic management professionals establish and direct disciplined approaches to planning and execution that fits their organization by being practical, sustainable and cost effective. The Strategic Planning and Management Certificate Program gives you an understanding of the discipline of strategic management as a whole and breaks down the required phases and steps for planning, implementation and evaluation of strategy as a management process.
This course presents the concepts of strategic planning and management with innovation and agility, so that an organization’s mission, vision, values, programs and resources may be fully aligned. Students will learn the skills needed to develop these key aspects of a strategic plan and manage its successful implementation.
This course provides the learner with an understanding of how to review current organizational management strategies and the skills to develop and implement a strategy plan in a development organizations context.
By the end of this course the learner will:
- Understand what Strategic Planning stands for
- Understand the external environment affecting an organization
- Be able to review existing plans and strategies of an organization
- Be able to develop options for strategic planning for an organization
- Be able to construct a strategy plan for any organization
- Be able to examine factors affecting the implementation of an organizational strategy plan
- Be able to plan and evaluate for the implementation of a strategy plan.
- Concept of participatory development
- Understanding strategic planning
- Formulating Your Strategic Planning
- SWOT analysis
- Identifying the core values
- Strategic directions focus
- Developing strategic objectives
- Key strategies or actions
- Components of the planning process
- Understanding Your Organization’s Mission
- Your organization’s core values
- Creating a mission statement for your own organization
- Creating a realistic future through collective visioning
- Determining organizational mandates (Mission statements)
- Strategy development processes
- Strategic Planning Principle
- Competitive Strategic Planning
- Ensuring Strategic Alignment
- Strategic Planning Execution
- Learning the three core processes
- Understanding resource allocation and strategy formation
- Mapping of interventions on timelines
- Determinants of the implementation of change
- Using strategic planning as an instrument for Organizational Capacity Assessment as well as Monitoring and Evaluation
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION: 3 Months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $400
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English and French
FORMAT: Online Learning
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com