CERTIFICATE COURSE IN NETHERLANDS HUMANITARIAN LAW
Netherlands law also known as the law of armed conflict comprises a set of rules that seeks to balance military priorities when engaged with armed conflict in humanitarian conditions and the impact of such operations.
The course will examine both substantive Netherlands Humanitarian Law and the emerging principles of Netherlands criminal law that seeks to criminalize aberrant behavior on the battlefield. The body of law comprises four 1949 Geneva Conventions and other additional three from the additional protocols
The topics to be covered include ;
- Dichotomy between the rules applicable to resort to force and the rules applicable when engaging in armed conflict
- The domestic legal incorporation of Netherlands Humanitarian Law
- The normative interplay between law applicable to Netherlands and non-Netherlands armed conflict
- The role of moral values when advising military command on the application of law in the battlefield
- The principles of Netherlands criminal law relating to individual and command responsibility.
- Dealing with violations
- Responding to the consequences of armed conflict
- Limits in armed conflict
- The rules of distinction and proportionality
- The intersection with Netherlands human rights laws
- Dealing with child soldiers
- Limits on weapons
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount USD 400
To register for this course, kindly contact